Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Prayers of the People - Proper 19C



Prayers of the People—Proper 19C

Brothers and sisters, God is our refuge.  Let us implore the Lord our God praying, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”

We pray for the leaders of the Church.  May they be worthy examples to those who would come to believe in Christ for eternal life.  May the Church place its hope in you, O God, and not in human wisdom.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

We pray for the leaders of the nations.  May they show mercy and advocate for the rights of the people.  May they, like Moses, seek the greater good rather than their own interests. 
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

We thank you for all you created.  We thank you that your Son Jesus Christ rejoiced in your creation—seeing the Kingdom of God even in a field of sheep.  Open our eyes and our hearts.
Invite the congregation to offer their prayers of thanksgiving, followed by Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

We pray for those who are lost, that they might be found.  We pray for those who are sure they are not lost; we ask that you find them too.  And we pray for the found; give them hearts for the lost.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

We pray for the sick, the anxious and the sorrowful.  Make them hear of joy and gladness, that broken bodies and broken spirits may rejoice.  
Invite the congregation to offer their intercessions, followed by Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

We trust to your mercy, O God, all who have died.  May they rest eternally in your peace.  To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, our God, be honor and glory forever and ever.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment