Thursday, March 22, 2012

Prayers of the People: Lent 5B


Prayers of the People—Lent 5B

Jesus said, “Those who love their life lose it, and those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.”  So let us appeal to God saying, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a right spirit within me.”

O God, renew your Church: Strengthen us to faithfully keep the covenant with which you have blessed us.  Right your law on our hearts.  You be our God and we shall be your beloved people.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

O God, renew all humanity: Draw all people to your Son Jesus.  May all tribes and nations experience the joy of your saving help.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

O God, renew your creation: Sustain all you have made with your bountiful Spirit. May all of creation reflect your glory.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

O God, renew the unemployed: Make them again hear of joy and gladness.  Among the swift and varied changes of the world, may they find in you a sure foundation.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

O God, renew the sick and sorrowful: Have mercy upon them, O God, according to your loving-kindness.  Wash them clean, and they shall be clean indeed.

I ask your petitions, followed by Silence

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

O God, you make all things new: we thank you that your Son Jesus has become the eternal source of our salvation.  May those who have died in the flesh be raised to new and everlasting life in Christ.
Silence
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment